With the development of multiple new green taxonomies at the national level the key to their implementation is going to be broad and granular green datasets. Analysis by FTSE Russell finds a substantial green investment opportunity, which is growing faster than the overall equity market and is diversified across company size and geography.
The latest trends report, through the lens of FTSE Russell’s Green Revenues 2.0 data, shows the green economy is:
- Represented by more than 3,000 global listed companies
- Sizeable, equivalent to a US$4 trillion market cap opportunity
- Over 5% of the total listed equity market
- Growing faster than the overall equity market
- Both diversified by company size and geography, although certain areas such as Europe and Japan are more exposed