Tower Bridge Business Centre,
46-48 East Smithfield,
London E1W 1AW,
4th Floor, Tuition House,
27/37 St George’s Road, Wimbledon,
London SW19 4EU,
Company No: 6123092
Information about Response Global Media (RGM)
RGM’s principal business activity is business-to-business (B2B) publishing, events and related services with a focus on institutional investment and finance.
- RGM does its very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- RGM makes sure that it has appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
- RGM makes sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
- RGM will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing (whether by email, post, SMS or telephone) only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen. RGM will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices. However, we may email you occasionally, for example, with information or questions about your your subscription account, your registration to events or postings to our web site, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
- RGM will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage subscriptions.
- RGM will be clear in its dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- RGM will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- RGM’s sites are accessible via the internet. This means that people around the world who access our website can see anything you post on the website, should you do so..
- If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
What information do we collect?
RGM collects information on you:
- When you register on one of our websites
- When you subscribe to our news and other services
- Through cookies
- If you choose to reveal information in postings, and
- When you register for our events
The minimum information RGM needs to register you for one of our services is your email address.
We will ask you more questions for different services. Unless we say otherwise, you have to answer all the registration questions.
We may also ask some other voluntary questions during registration for certain services so we can gain a clearer understanding of who you are. This also allows us to personalise services for you.
After you have registered, we may send you emails we think may interest you. Emails may be personalised based on what you have told us during registration. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and you will be given the option to unsubscribe.
How we use your data
RGM is a business to business (B2B) publisher and events organiser. We use the data that we have collected from you to offer our services to you. This can include emails and marketing from RGM specific to our areas of business.
RGM holds personal data to provide our services but wherever possible we try to hold business contact information.
RGM occasionally needs to hold sensitive personal information like food allergy details to run our events safely. This is only ever shared where vital, for example, with the caterers. It is deleted after the event and never stored.
Cookies keep you signed in. They also let us know (anonymously) how many times our site is visited, what pages are being read and how long for. They do not allow us to identify or track you personally.
Use of children’s data
RGM does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 18 and RGM does not offer any of its products or services directly to children under the age of 18.
Updating your personal information
RGM offers a ‘Your Account’ page, where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the site – simply click on the ‘Your Account’ link at the top of the screen when you are signed in.
Who RGM shares data with
RGM needs to share some information with suppliers to operate as a publisher and events organiser. For example, our external web developers require access to our subscriber databases.
These Suppliers will always be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and observe data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
Depending on where you live, your personal information may be shared within RGM whose staff are based around the world. For example, if you book an event held outside the UK, your data may initially be held on our systems in the United Kingdom and then shared with RGM staff in another country for event administration purposes.
RGM will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given RGM your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organisations we have chosen carefully.
RGM can access and release personal information where required by law
Some of our webpages use plug-ins from other organisations (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ function). These other organisations may use information about your visit to our websites on their pages. If you browse these pages while still also logged in to your account with us, information they collect may be connected to your account on their site.
For more information on how these organisations use information, please read their privacy policies.
Legal information and how to contact us
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 we have to say who the ‘data controller’ is for RGM. The Data Protection Manager at RGM is Tony Hay.
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the email address shown above.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Manager, and will be responded to within 30 days at the latest.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you may be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator. For example, in the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.Updated on May 23rd 2018.