Read about this job online at: https://www.responsible-investor.com/resource/jobs/sr_responsible_investment_governance_specialist/
|Closing Date||Oct 2, 2019|
|Salary||From Competitive to Competitive|
|Location||New York, New York , United States|
|Website Link||visit website|
You will be part of a global team of 18 Responsible Investment & Governance experts that guard the implementation of the Responsible Investment Policy, on behalf of APG’s Pension fund clients, across all asset classes in the EUR 500bn portfolio. APG’s clients have expressed clear ambitions for 2020 on Responsible Investing in the area of e.g. making investments that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and will increase their investments in private markets.
Driven to make a difference for a more sustainable world through investing you understand the inherent sustainability and governance risks and opportunities. Working closely with the portfolio management, risk and other teams, you will implement and continue to advance APG’s approach to responsible investing in private markets, especially private equity and hedge funds.
APG Asset Management if a Dutch pension capital investor and has AUM of 471 billion euros (December 2018). APG works for over 30,000 Dutch employers and provides retirement income for 4.5 million participants in the Netherlands. We have ~700 highly qualified employees working from the Netherlands, the USA, and Hong Kong. APG’s average return is approximately 7 percent for the past 20 years.
***Business line/department description:***
APG is at the forefront of responsible investing (RI) with a view to delivering sustainable risk-adjusted return to our clients and their end beneficiaries. Responsible Investing is part of APG AM’s mission statement and we have a dedicated RI Investment Belief. The Global Responsible Investment & Governance team consists of 17 members based in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong. The MD Global Responsible Investment & Governance is part of the management team of the investment function and reports into the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) on the APG Assessment Management Board. The implementation of the Responsible Investment Policy is overseen by the board level Investment Committee chaired by the CIO.
- You will implement and continue to advance APG’s approach to responsible investing in global private markets, especially private equity and hedge funds.
- Working closely with the portfolio management, risk and other teams, you will review and sign-off on investment proposals and present at the Committee of Investment Proposals
- You will engage with and monitor managers and engage with industry initiatives to advance market practices
- You will represent APG at industry initiatives
- You will be part of the global GRIG team and contribute to its processes and continuous development
We are looking for someone that is persuasive, has a high degree of integrity and is a critical thinker. We also expect:
- A person who thrives in a dynamic environment and possesses strong intercultural and communication skills.
- Intrinsically motivated to work on sustainability and governance issues within an investment environment.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- At least Master level education in a relevant subject, such as law, business or finance.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in a corporate environment in business, investment or legal roles.
APG Asset Management US Inc. (APG US) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.
To publish a Job Announcement contact Tony at Responsible-Investor.com.