The awards for best Responsible Investment Report 2013 have been made at the RI Reporting Awards, part of the RI Europe event in London, with the Netherlands’ PFZW and the UK’s Environment Agency scooping the awards for best large and medium/small fund respectively.
The RI Reporting Awards are designed to showcase excellence in responsible investment reporting, to encourage best practice and transparency by recognising the highest standards in the disclosure of responsible investment activities by asset owners globally.
A panel of judges (see below) then reviewed and ranked the nominated reports.
Winner – Best RI Report by a Medium & Small fund (less than €25bn):
• The Environment Agency (Active) Pension Fund
One judge commented: “Overall, this modestly sized fund doesn’t just tell it well, it has a seriously impressive story to tell.”
• Folketrygdfondet and VicSuper
• Church of England, UK
• Construction & Building Unions Superannuation, Australia
• Environment Agency (Active) Pension Fund, UK
• Folketrygdfondet, Norway
• National Pensions Reserve Fund, Ireland
• New Zealand Superannuation Fund, New Zealand
• OPSEU Pension Trust, Canada
• VicSuper, Australia*Winner – Best RI Report by a Large Fund (more than €25bn):*
One judge commented: “PFZW’s is the stand out report in terms of clarity and depth.”
• CalPERS and Folksam
• Australian Future Fund, Australia
• BT Pension Scheme, UK
• CalPERS, USA
• AP4, Sweden
• Folksam, Sweden
• GEPF, South Africa
• PFZW, Netherlands
• PREVI, Brazil
• Tessa Hebb (Carleton Centre for Community Innovation, Canada)
• Andreas Hoepner (University of St Andrews, Scotland)
• Catherine Howarth (ShareAction)
• Rob Lake (ex-PRI)
• Steve Lydenberg (Domini Social Investments)
• Hugh Wheelan (Responsible Investor).
Thanks go to lead researcher Agnes Neher, who is a Research Affiliate at the Centre for Responsible Banking and Finance at the University of St Andrews, and also to Elliot Frankal who runs ESG Communications.