Dambisa Moyo, economist, best-selling author, and board member at Chevron and 3M – who in 2009 TIME Magazine named one of the '100 Most Influential People in the World' – will be the third keynote speaker at this year’s RI Digital: USA 2020 conference taking place on December 2-3.
The conference is free to attend.
Moyo joins Allison Herren Lee, Commissioner at The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and Bill McKibben Co-Founder of 350.org, the other two Keynote Speakers at the conference.
Moyo will talk about her experience and thinking in a time of economic and social fragility on the role of the contemporary corporate board to address company and societal ESG issues, and how that could evolve.
She worked for Goldman Sachs for eight years and the World Bank for two years, and is also a member of the Bretton Woods committee, so brings a wealth of financial insight into her thinking on board strategy.
The RI Digital: USA 2020 Keynote Speakers join prominent US asset owner and city speakers already confirmed for the conference, including Henry Jones, President of CalPERS, Angela Miller-May, Chief Investment Officer, Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund, Aeisha Mastagni Portfolio Manager, Corporate Governance at CalSTRS, Mike McCauley Senior Officer, Investment Programs and Governance, Florida State Board of Administration (SBA) and Grant Ervin Chief Resilience Officer, City of Pittsburgh
The strapline for the RI Digital: USA 2020 conference is: How ESG is disrupting the US corporate and investment scene.
The focus on ESG and sustainability-driven policy globally – taxonomies, green deals, carbon taxes, sustainability/impact reporting – especially around climate change and energy transition, has never been more intense or more pertinent for companies and investors. And the US is no exception.
Surveys show that sustainability labelled investment funds are expected to account for half of all professionally managed assets in the US in the next five years.
What makes RI Digital conferences different? We get to the point.
At the RI Digital: USA 2020 conference, you get the answers to the questions you have on what all this means for your day-to-day business.
- Our journalistically-focused events team puts together professional, and specialist, curated panels and panellists = sustainability drivers, policy, regulation, commercial and financial realities and sustainability outcomes.
- The relevant business and finance questions are elaborated…and answered!
- No time waste: we get to the point on what it means for your business reality.
Check out the RI Digital: USA 2020 conference agenda now. The conference agenda includes plenary sessions on:
- The battle for shareholder democracy: who’s right? Looking at the increasingly restrictive environment for investors’ rights under the SEC's proxy advisor regulations.
- The shut down of fiduciary choice: one step forward, two steps back? Looking at the Department of Labor's new ERISA rules on ESG fund objectives.
- Black Lives Matter and diversity/equal rights: do companies and investors really care; or will the courts make them? Look at investment risks and the rise of derivative lawsuits.
Take a look at the agenda and register for the conference. It is free to attend.