MSCI is showing its commitment to the environmental, social and governance (ESG) sector with upwards of 20 ESG and governance job vacancies currently being advertised on its careers website.
MSCI, best known for its indices, brought governance firm RIskMetrics – and with it proxy advisory firm ISS (Institutional Shareholder Services) – for $1.55bn in 2010. The acquisition also included ESG research houses KLD and Innovest, which had been snapped up by RIskMetrics previously.
Of the 204 jobs currently advertised on MSCI’s careers site, some 11 jobs are ESG-related while there are others focussing on corporate governance. The jobs are located worldwide.
Among the jobs advertised is Head of EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Corporate Governance Research, which is based in London.
MSCI, which is a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment, last month launched emerging markets coverage in its newly launched MSCI ESG Impact Monitor. In June it unveiled 25 new ESG Indices.The jobs:
– Corporate Governance Research Analysts – Nordic/Netherlands (Brussels)
– Environmental, Social and Governance Research and Analytics Analyst (NY)
– Environmental, Social and Governance Research and Analytics Associate (NY)
– ESG Client Service (2) (Mumbai)
– ESG Controversies Associate (Manila)
– ESG Custom Analyst (Mumbai)
– ESG Quality Assurance Engineer (Beijing)
– ESG Rating IVA Associate (Beijing)
– ESG Research Analyst (Mumbai)
– ESG Sales (various roles, Condon, Boston, New York, Chicago)
– Governance (Research Team Lead, Manila and Sales Specialist, Boston)
– Head of EMEA Corporate Governance Research (London)
– Head of ISS Finance and Administration (Rockville)
– ISS Account Manager (Tokyo)
– Lead of West Coast Governance Research (San Francisco)