Starting tomorrow (October 21), and running over the following seven days, Responsible Investor will present the seven candidates for open election to the PRI Advisory Council, the body that provides the ultimate oversight of the United Nations-supported PRI Initiative and empowers the PRI Association board of directors to provide fiduciary and legal oversight and for the Secretariat to implement the PRI Initiative.
We believe these elections are hugely important to the future strategy and success of the PRI. We hope that by profiling the candidates we can contribute to making the election campaign as open, challenging and participative as possible.
Each day, a different candidate will outline what they bring to the role and why they should be elected.
We’ve suggested some prompt questions for the candidates:
1. Where (with examples) do you think your experience fits, and might enhance, the remit of the PRI Advisory Council?
2. What are the issues you will be campaigning on/pushing as an Advisory Council member, why, and how?
3. What is your vision of the future direction of the PRI and how can you contribute to its realization?
Candidates are free, of course, to bring their flavour to these short election manifesto pieces in a bid gather support from voting PRI signatories.
As in all elections, voter input is key. If you have a question for the 2014 pool of candidates, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org and see the candidate responses on the PRI website.The full outline information of the 16-strong PRI Advisory Council along with candidate eligibility rules, voting procedures, and automatic qualifications/unfilled positions, etc., can be found on the PRI website
Asset owner positions
For the purpose of the present election round, there are two OPEN asset owner positions for which there are 3 election candidates:
- Mark Chaloner, Assistant Director (Investments), West Midlands Pension Fund
- Eric Loiselet, Member of the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Investment Policy Monitoring Committee, ERAPF
- Priya Mathur, Board Member, CalPERS
Non-asset owner positions
There are 4 candidates for 1 OPEN position:
- Geeta Aiyer, President and Founder, Boston Common Asset Management
- Tim Creed, Managing Director, Adveq Management AG
- Julia Prescot, Chief Strategy Officer, Meridiam
- Philippe Zaouati, CEO, Mirova
RI will run the candidate profiles in alphabetic order with a clear indication of the position each is running for.
Voting will close on 19 November and the results will be announced in the week commencing 24 November.